Cleveland “Hanky Pankies” Tailgating Recipe – Dolphins Segment #1
Be sure to catch Chef George on TV during the Dolphin’s 2011 football season!
We are kicking off our “Tailgating Recipes” this Sunday, September 25, 2011 @ 10:30AM on channel My 33, courtesy of the Miami Dolphins and Chef George Catering.
Our chef will be sharing quick delicious recipes every Dolphins game, highlighting a traditional dish from the opponents hometown.
DOLPHINS AT BROWNS,9/25/11 – Game Preview
Today’s game recipe is Cleveland’s Traditional “Hanky Pankies”, a beef-mixture on a crostini topped with melted cheese. Recipe Below.
6 slices of Pumpernickel or Rye Bread
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground sausage
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese
1/2 cup goatcheese
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp dry oregano
1 tsp paprika
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
– In a pot on medium heat add beef and sausage. Cook until fully cook.
– Drain meat and bring back to pot. Add Worchestire sauce, Velveeta, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper.
– Cook on low until cheese is melted.
– Transfer mixture into a container and set in fridge to cool down until hard and cold
– Spread mixture unto bread. Cut bread diagonally to create triangles shapes (bit size)
– Sprinkle goatcheese over mixture and bake at 450 degrees in oven until cheese is melted
– Plate and serve